what you’ve wanted for an innovative tooling solution.
- Applying Super Toughness substrate design which strengthens WC-Co binding, and improves resistance to chipping and breakage and ensures stability when it comes to machining of hard-to-cut materials
• High-performance Ultra-PVD coated grade
- Provide stable tool life by preventing any unexpected tool breakage due to application of the new Ultra-PVD coating
- Increased chip evacuation due to high-hardness and highly lubricative coating
UPC810 · UPC845
Materials like Inconel (Inconel, Waspaloy, Rene), Titanium alloy, and HRSA (Heat Resistance Alloy) can be used at high temperatures from 700℃ to 1000℃. Due to its characteristics, it is commonly used in the aerospace industry. This HRSA features exceptional resistance to heat and corrosion, and great pull out strength. However, it has been categorized as a difficult-to-cut material because it imposes a severe strain on tools in the machining process. Workpieces, which are used in the electricity generating industry and oil & gas industry, are also considered as hard-to-cut materials.
These hard-to-cut materials cause work hardening and have low heat conductivity. Because of poor heat evacuation, they also affect tools and frequently result in shorter tool life due to chipping, build-up edge, and unexpected tool breakage. In order to provide a solution for HRSA machining, KORLOY has released the new Ultra Coating grades with improved resistance to welding, chipping and wear – UNC/UPC grade.
UPC810 is a S10 grade for turning, applying PVD coating. Compared to existing products and UNC805 products, it is a high toughness grade optimized for high-feed and high-interruption machining conditions.
UPC845 is a S45 grade for milling, applying PVD coating. Compared to existing products and UNC840 products, it is a high toughness grade that can be applied in various uses such as high-feed, high-interruption, slotting, ramping, and pocket machining.
ㆍSuper Toughness substrate design
- Maximized resistance to chipping and breakage
ㆍApplied high-performance Ultra-PVD Coating
- Provide stable tool life while preventing any unexpected tool breakage
ㆍExclusive grade optimized for machining of hard-to-cut materials